Saturday 25 June 2022

Lilacs from Wisterias

Hi all and welcome back,

When I first saw the lovely Wisteria Bundle in the new Annual Catalogue, I immediately thought of lilacs. Growing up in Alberta, they were everywhere and I often picked them for my Mum. To this day, I find their scent magical and almost intoxicating.

It turns out they aren't native to North America. It's believed they were brought over, from Europe, by homesick settlers. A cool thing about lilacs (and maybe this is why there were so many around homesteads) is farmers used them as an indicator plant and would harvest their fields depending on what the lilacs were doing. How wild is that?

This beautiful background was created with the Fern 3D Embossing Folder. The Happiness Abounds Stamp Set provided the sentiment and the Stylish Shapes Dies, the sentiment strip. To create more visual interest, cut an extra sentiment strip in a contrasting colour. Glue it behind the sentiment and slightly offset it. 

Here is my lilac card, made possible by wisterias. 

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up! products or this card, feel free to message me. Let me know if you want to be added to my monthly email newsletter. You can also find me on Instagram and Facebook.

We'll see you next time. Thank for coming by.

Cheers,

Adrienne

The breath of the enchanted wind mingles the fresh scent of the lilacs with the fragrance of the past. - Marcel Proust

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment