Friday 24 June 2022

Campology & A Long Lost T-shirt

Hi Everyone!

Today I'm going to show you a few cards from the lovely Campology Stamp Set. As a demonstrator, I buy stamp sets for various reasons. Sometimes I just love them and have to have them. Other times, I will decide a certain set may work well in a class or appeal to my customers. And then there's this one. I bought it to make ONE card, based on a 25 year old memory.   

Since my brother lived in Victoria, I often visited before I moved here. During one of these visits, I was downtown by myself. I walked past a shop that had a t-shirt in the window. It was a cartoon-like drawing of two pup tents perched precariously close to the edge of a cliff. It said, "Two Tense." I thought it was hysterical. Why I didn't buy it then and there, I don't remember. But I went back the next day. I searched and searched and couldn't find it. Downtown Victoria had a LOT of shops with t-shirts in their windows. In fact, I looked for it over several years. I never found it and eventually the memory just settled into a corner of my mind. When I saw this stamp set in the catalogue, I knew what I had to do.

In addition to the Campology set, I used the Mountain Air Stamp Set and the Stacked Stone Stamp Set. The colouring was made possible with the fabulous Blending Brushes.

The inspiration for my second card came after a ferry ride. When you go from Victoria (on Vancouver Island) to Vancouver (on the mainland) you pass through the Gulf Islands. In addition to the large islands, there are a few tiny uninhabited ones. I envisioned camping on one of the main islands and what that view would look like at dusk. Fussy cutting that lantern - oof! The latern's glow was achieved by adding some of the Fine-tip Glue Pen to the light after I'd coloured it with my Blends.

My third card was made this week. I wanted to show that Campology can be used without Blending Brushes. One of the easiest ways of making a card look fabulous, is to stamp directly onto the DSP (Designer Series Paper.) This new paper, which reminded me of the night sky, is in the Rings of Love DSP pack. The ridiculously adorable camper is from the new Tree Lot Dies. Both of these are Sale-a-bration items, which means you can earn them for FREE.* I used In Color DSP & In Color Glimmer Paper to create the camper.

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up! products or either of these projects, just message me. Let me know if you want to be added to my monthly email newsletter. You can also find me on Instagram and Facebook.

See you next time. Thank you for making the time to visit and read.

Cheers,

Adrienne

There is no Wi-Fi in the mountains, but you'll find no better connection. - Anon 

*Each of these Sale-a-bration (SAB) items are free with a 60 (for the DSP)  & 120 (for the Dies) purchase (before s/h & tax) starting July 1st. SAB runs until August 31st. Items are available while supplies last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment