Tuesday 21 June 2022

Gentle Waves meets the Tulip Builder Punch

Hi all and welcome back!

A quick PSA and then onto our project. Today, Tuesday June 21, 2002 is FREE shipping day (SU is on Mountain Time) on all orders over $100. Shop here or message me before 10:00pm to place your order.

I love finding unexpected used for Stampin' Up! products. (You may have seen some of my Instagram Reels called, "This is That." Those clips explore some of my discoveries.) This was one of my favourite findings. Since this lovely background stamp retires June 30th, I thought I'd write about it too. In this card the Gentle Waves Stamp meets the Tulip Builder Punch.

A few years ago I had some friends visiting from Germany & Switzerland and wanted to show them the island. We drove up along the east side of the coast, with a memorable stop in Port McNeill, where we went whale watching. There were the usual suspects, nothing too exciting for me but my guests were happy. Then the boat stopped and insanely putrid smell descended on us. It was so strong you could taste it. Our captain excitedly announced, "Sometimes we smell them before we see them, We have a humpback!"

If you've never seen one, they are HUGE. She was probably 50 feet long, so it's kind of like having a 5 story building pulling up beside you...in what now felt like a teeny tiny inadequate boat. She turned to leave and then the most iconic moment came, the tail fluke...that moment when their tail pops out of the water before they dive back into the depths of the ocean. (Somewhere I have a photograph.) This incredible experience was the inspiration for my card. 


Starting with the lightest colour, I stamped the Balmy Blue onto the Gentle Waves Stamp. The middle was done in Pacific Point and the foreground in Night of  Navy. Since I have small hands, I find using the Stamparatus easier than the F Block. Next, I punched out two "leafs" from the Waves of the Ocean DSP (which I'm said to say has sold out)*, with the now multipurpose Tulip Builder Punch. Make sure to turn over the DSP for the second one. If you are interested in a retired or unavailable products, just message me for alternatives. :)

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up! products or this card, please feel free to message me and let me know if you want to be added to my monthly email newsletter. You can also find me on Instagram and Facebook.

We'll see you next time. Thank for coming by.

Cheers,

Adrienne

The ocean is a might harmonist - William Wordsworth

*If you're looking for something I've used that is no long available, just message me and I'll suggest an alternative. :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment