Thursday 16 June 2022

Orchid Oasis Splendid Stems

Hi all,

Meet the Splendid Stems Dies, part of the Splendid Day Suite. One of the perks of being a demo is we get to order things early. This set was particularly special because the new Jul-Dec Mini Catalogue, which it's in, wasn't even out yet! We were able to order the suite when we registered to take part in a demo only event called, Creativity Now. It takes place this weekend - thousands of us, from all over the world, will be creating together virtually. It is going to be such an amazing event - I'm so excited!

The inspiration for this card came from my garden. Normally by now, it would be a sea of colour. However, it's been a very cool and wet spring on Vancouver Island. Mixing spring and winter together, some people are even calling it springter! Many of my flowers are budding but very few are blooming. So what I see in the back yard are a LOT of stems and leaves.

The splatters were created with my Water Painters. Tap your acrylic block in the ink pad, squeeze down a small amount of water and mix it up with the colour. Holding your block in one hand and the brush in the other, swipe downwards towards your project. You can rotate the paper to get more coverage. If this is your first time trying this, I recommend doing it on a piece a scrap first. Using one of our new In Colors, Orchid Oasis Cardstock, DSP & Glimmer Paper, I made the stems for this card. I added the Basic Gray Cardstock for contrast and the Silver Foils for some extra sparkle. The greeting came from the Charming Sentiments Bundle. Tip: To add dimension to the sentiment, use the die cut to cut out a base in a contrasting colour. Glue them together, slightly offset.

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up! products or this card, just message me. Let me know if you want to be added to my monthly email newsletter. You can also find me on Instagram and Facebook.

We'll see you next time. Thank for coming by.

Cheers,

Adrienne

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. - English Proverb

 



No comments:

Post a Comment