Monday 15 August 2022

Monday's Easy-ish Fun Fold

Hello All and Welcome Back!

I hope you all had a great weekend. It's so funny - mine flew by and I seriously don't remember what I did. Have you ever had a weekend like that? 

It's another sunshiny day here in Victoria, BC. I'm hoping to get out into the gardens for some deadheading before it gets too hot. Or maybe I'll just stay in my craft room.

This blog is based on my Facebook Live from this morning. During the month of August I'm featuring a new fun fold every Monday. I'm trying to keep them on the easier side for all my newer stampers. Many thanks to my friend, Shel, for showing me this fold.



Here is what you'll need to make this card:

CARDSTOCK:

  • 5 ½” x 8 ½” cardbase, scored in landscape at 2 ⅛” and 4 ¼” 

  • 2 ½” x 4” scored in landscape at 1”, 2” & 3”

  • 2” square

  • TWO 1 ⅞” squares


DSP (Use a non-directional, smaller pattern):

  • 4” x 5 ¼”

  • TWO 1 ⅞” x 5 ¼”

  • 1 ¾” square

  • TWO 1 ⅝” squares


MISC:

  • Smallish sentiment(s) ¾” x 1 ½” ish on one side & larger on the other

  • Decorative stamps, die cuts a/o punches that will fit onto the small squares

  • Any embellishments you wish to add


Start of by burnishing scores of the card base into a Z-fold. Fold the the first score line into the opposite direction of the middle score line (which is folded like a standard card.) So it should look lie a "Z" from the bottom. Burnish the score lines of the 2 1/2 x 4 "magic" piece, all in the same direction and set it aside. 

 

Using your favourite adhesive, attach the DSP to the inside pieces of the card base and squares. 

 

Your "magic" piece should be curved like a "c" or "u". Put adhesive on one of the outside edges, up to the first score line, of this piece. Turn your card into portrait position and centre the "magic" piece on the DSP, with the adhesive edge facing down, up against the scoreline. Try to keep it in the middle. (The adhesive is on the other side of the green outlined area.) Then folding this piece in half, apply adhesive to the piece closest to the score. Close the card to secure the adhesive. (The adhesive is on the purple highlighted area.)

 



Attach larger diamond inside to the front panel of the "magic" piece, near the score line. Be sure to only apply adhesive on the piece that is attaching. You don't want the rest to stick to your card. Attach smaller diamonds to the front left panel, with only the left half attached. Again, be sure to watch those pesky lines. 

 

Stamp and cut out any bits. Decorate and you're done! Many thanks to my friend, Shel, for showing me this lovely fold. 

 

There are only a couple weeks left in Sale-a-bration. For every 60 you spend* you get to pick an item for FREE. This is a fabulous time to try some new things and stock up on your basics. Here is a link to my Store for all your paper crafting needs. 

 

I used the Nothing's Better Than stamp set and the Love You More Dies to create the first card. The DSP comes from the fabulous Celebrate Everything Host pack. Tip: To create the ice cubes, highlight them with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. The Tahitian Tide card was creating with the Brilliant Wings Dies and the Charming Sentiment Bundle. Those DSPs come from the 2022-2024 In Color DSP and 2022-2024 In Color Glimmer packs.


Thank you so much to those of you who make the time to watch my Live and visit here. If you have any questions about this project, card making, Stampin' Up! or pretty much anything, please message me. Let me know if you want to be added to my monthly newsletter. You can also find me on Instagram and Facebook .

Have a fabulous week. Thank you for coming by.

Cheers,

Adrienne

*Before shipping & taxes. There are also Level 2 items, which you get for free with a 120 spend. All Sale-a-bration items are while supplies last.

 

 

 

 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment