Monday 8 August 2022

Monday's Easy Fun Fold - Twisted Easel

Hi Everyone and Welcome Back!

I hope you had a fabulous weekend. Mine was busy but fun. We said Bon Voyage to one of my nephews. Today he's heading off to Oslo, Norway for a university term. My daughter spent a year at the University of Edinburgh. It was an incredible experience for her and she made life long friends. In fact, that's where she is as we speak, back in Scotland visiting all her friends from uni. I wish the same for my nephew. 

Today on my Facebook Live, I demonstrated another fun fold. This one is just a little trickier than last week's. Meet my my Twisted Easel!

Start with a 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock, scored at 4 1/4" and then diagonally from the top right to the centre score line you just made. Burnish the score lines at set aside.

Make TWO of each of the following: 4" squares of cardstock; 3 7/8" squares of cardstock; 3 3/4" DSP (patterned paper) squares of cardstock; and 2 3/4 squares of white or vanilla.

If you're planning on stamping the small white squares do that now. Layer and attach the 3 3/4 DSP piece onto the 3 7/8  square and then this onto the 4" square. Add the small white squares to the top. One of your squares is going on the front and the other "inside" the card but both will show. With the card open and the fold on the left (folding in towards the card), attach one square to the inside right unscored panel. When you attach the other layered piece to the front left card base, be sure to only put adhesive diagonally on the back of the half that's attaching to the card. Tip: To make sure I don't get confused, I'll mark the back it or put a post it on the piece before applying my adhesive. You could also put adhesive on the card base, below the diagonal score line (on the front) instead. Just be sure to leave a bit of a margin in case you have to adjust the panel you're attaching.


 

You can now decorate the front and inside bottom piece with at die cuts, etc. The only must have is a piece on the inside bottom that can be raised with Dimensionals. Tip: I recommend TWO layers of Dimensionals. Stick down one and then put another dimensional directly on top of it. I also suggest making sure the folded piece is past the halfway mark. If you try to put it lower (towards the bottom right, you may not have enough resistance for it to stay in place.)  

Our great Sale-a-bration is on until the end of August!. For every 60 spent* you get to choose an item for FREE. This is a great time to stock up on basics and try some new things. One this one, I used the Flowers of Friendship Stamp Set, the Flowers & Leaves Punch, the Charming Sentiments Bundle with the Rings of Love DSP (Sale-A-Bration item.) On the Facebook Live, I used the He's All That Suite. Here is a link to my Store for all your paper crafting needs.

Many thanks to those of you who took the time for watch my Live and visit here. If you have any questions about this project, card making or Stampin' Up!, please message me. Let me know if you want to be added to my monthly email newsletter. You can also find me on Instagram and Facebook .

We'll see you next Monday. Have a fabulous week. Thank you for coming by.

Cheers,

Adrienne

*Before shipping & taxes. There are also Level 2 items, which you get for free with a 120 spend. All Sale-a-bration items are while supplies last.


No comments:

Post a Comment