Saturday 22 May 2021

Seashore Stampers May Blog Hop

Hello Everyone! 

Welcome back to the Seashore Stampers Monthly Blog Hop. This month, it's all about the Dads (or a masculine card/project.)

 With my Dad in mind, I created this card using the Seascape Bundle. He absolutely loved fish an had various aquariums going throughout my childhood. Sharing a love of music, my Dad and I were very close and I still miss him terribly. I'm glad he got to live on Vancouver Island for his last years. It was the perfect place for him. This one's for you, Dad!

The technique used in this card is similar to my Valentine's Blog and Youtube so I'm not going to get into a lot of detail. The main difference is that I used a larger front piece to create the curve. It measures approx 5 3/4" wide x 5 1/2" high. The Layering Diorama was used to cut out the front piece. Both that piece and the card base were then embossed with the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder.  Be sure to centre the embossing folder on the loose piece - you only want the middle embossed. I scored the embossed front piece at 3/8" & 3/4"  on each short side. After positioning your fish, attach a strip of copy paper over the glue dots. I also cut out little squares of copy paper for the back of the fish, again to cover up the glue dots. The fish were cut out from our Ombre Specialty Paper. Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral and Coastal Cabana Cardstock was what I used on the rest of the card. The seashells were painted with shimmer paint. If you have any questions while, please let me know. I'm here to help.

The "Dad" sentiment comes from May's Paper Pumpkin, which was baseball themed. Speaking of Paper Pumpkin, next months couldn't be more different from this month's. While it's a stand alone kit, it coordinates with the Expressions in Ink Suite. I'm so excited to see it. Even for experienced card makers, Paper Pumpkins are great to create a bunch of cards in a hurry. With the Suite, you can kick things up a notch. And if you're new to stamping, they are perfect for you. The kit includes EVERYTHING you need to make 9 gorgeous cards.

https://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/Promotions/2021/PP-June-2021/banner/06.01.21_FACEBOOK_COVER_JUNE_PP_NA.jpg

With two specials going on, May is an amazing time to HOST or JOIN. Until June 14, 2021 when you host a party (or just shop), at the 300 mark, in addition to your 10% in Stampin' Rewards, you get another 30 to spend! From now until May 31, 2021, when you join from anywhere in Canada, you get to choose 206 worth of product for only 135. And shipping is included! Message me for more info.

Be sure to visit the other blogs. See you next Saturday.

Cheers,

Adrienne





No comments:

Post a Comment